The “Small Business’s Big Moment” reports outlines a dozen ideas for using American Rescue Plan Act money to cultivate and support small businesses, including:
- Buying commercial property and transferring ownership to a community land trust to provide affordable space for small businesses
- Improving small business procurement policies and practices
- Cultivating small-scale manufacturing and filling gaps in local and regional supply chains
- Closing the racial entrepreneurship gap
- Creating a local restaurant delivery service
- Investing in infrastructure improvements that help small business operate more effectively
GLASS’ government solutions are featured in this report.